KIO's KDirListerTest::testRefreshRootItem on RHEL7 and XFS

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Sun Dec 7 16:23:07 UTC 2014

Hi,
there's one test in KIO which keeps failing when I run it inside my CI
environment (a RHEL7 VM with XFS).

Take a look at [1], the /tmp/kdirlistertest-dIp2zR/subdir's mtime and atime
are getting bumped by one second. The patch which introduces this debug
output is at [2].

I will admit that I'm not sure what that test is actually testing -- I
would have expected some sort of file watcher in the background, but I'm
not sure with the manual calls to org::kde::KDirNotify::emitXYZ. Anyway,
the comments on lines 401-402 seems to indicate that the sort of behavior
I'm seeing is semi-expected.

What can I do to fix the test failure I'm seeing? Why is the change of
/tmp/kdirlistertest-dIp2zR/subdir encountered "too early" in this test?

With kind regards,
Jan

[1]
http://ci-logs.kde.flaska.net/06/206/2/check/check-kf5qt5-generic-test-el7/95ea34f/shell_output.log