Debugging failures in KIO when using custom CI environment

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Sat Dec 6 16:39:51 UTC 2014

It seems that the problem is related to how a kioslave is launched along
with using different installation dirs. Here's what got me to the right
path:

13032
execve("/home/turbo-hipster/target/el7-x86_64-gcc/kf5-qt5/frameworks/kio/inst/lib64/libexec/kf5/kioslave",
["/home/turbo-hipster/target/el7-x"...,
"/home/turbo-hipster/jobs/7f0e670"..., "file", "",
"local:/tmp/runtime-turbo-hipster"...], [/* 41 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No
such file or directory)

There was a bug in error checking within kioslave, see [1] for a fixes.

The real problem with CI is that the CI environment configures the build
with an expected install prefix being
/home/turbo-hipster/target/el7-x86_64-gcc/kf5-qt5/frameworks/kio/inst, but
the actual installation goes somewhere else, into a temporary directory.
This problem is masked by Jenkins on build.kde.org because it will always
attempt to deploy the build to that directory and rsync to some shared
depot afterwards. The checks of _proposed_ changes within Gerrit/Zuul,
however, do not perform the rsync step, and that means that the kioslave
executable was there.

-> I have stuff to fix in the CI environment.

With kind regards,
Jan

[1] https://gerrit.vesnicky.cesnet.cz/r/202

--