How to promote less mature Frameworks?

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Wed Aug 20 12:05:42 UTC 2014

Le mercredi 20 août 2014 12:14:31 Aleix Pol a écrit :

> > I see a small problem with git-only repos, and it's called
> > release+distributions.
> >
> > I have heard that the plam is to frameworks-ize kdepimlibs, ideally one
> > would
> > like to do a release of kdepimlibs so that the kf5-based kdepim can use
> > them
> > but without guaranteeing ABI/API compatibility.
> >
> > But if we want distros to package that kdepim we're going to need
> > packages.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> >   Albert
>
> It would be very interesting to have somebody working on kdepimlibs around.
> I keep hearing that they will be available soon, but I still ignore whether
> the people doing the work want the kdepimlibs to become KDE Frameworks
> (they didn't want them to be part of kdelibs already, so there must be
> reasons).
>
> Is ABI/API compatibility really a concern?
>
> Aleix

Hi,
Yes we want to split kdepimlibs and move them to kf5.
For the moment it's not done because there is still a lot of work to do.

We will split soon, and we will move each module when ready to kf5

I work to make module ready soon.

We will keep API/ABI stable as usual.
We did it in kdepimlibs 4.0 so it will not change.

Regards

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,  http://www.kdab.fr