Breeze widget style for KF5

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo.pereira at free.fr
Mon Aug 11 11:21:57 UTC 2014

On 08/11/2014 01:10 PM, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> On Monday 11 of August 2014 13:05:19 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
>> Hi Milian
>>> As someone with no clue:
>>>
>>> a) what's the advantage of having a native widget style, compared to using
>>> QtCurve settings?
>> None, except that you need someone working on qtcurve
>>
>>> Are there things missing / not implementable in QtCurve?
>> Everything is implemementable in QtCurve, though not via a simple text
>> config file. So here also, you need someone to do it.
> As someone else just watching: QtCurve is a KDE project now, shouldn't this
> help a bit?
... not my take. I am not volunteering (for lack of time and code
knowledge) to work on QtCurve code base.
Nor did it come in the discussions when I volunteered on starting with a
breeze widget style 'from scratch', based on the code I knew best.

>>> b) do you share the git history, i.e. did you do a proper fork, or did you
>>> reimport the sources and started from scratch (I hope not).
>> For breeze I reimported the needed parts of oxygen sources and started
>> from scratch, mostly because a large fraction of the code from oxygen is
>> overkill for Breeze's needs.
> ... which does not mean that history (which could contain important hints
> about the code) should be nuked.
No history got nuked. Oxygen's history is still there (in oxygen's
repository), and will stay there, with all relevant hints.
The Breeze style I worked on is a new project, for which I imported some
code from elsewhere (here oxygen).