KPlotting and KUnitConversion

Garret Wassermann gwasser at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 22:20:39 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I am interested in two frameworks: KPlotting and KUnitConversion.

>From looking at the API/example for KPlotting, it seems to only
print 1D plots. (But it does a great job! I like it.)
Is there a plan to add 2D contour plots or 3D plots in the future?

I would be glad to help out where I can with extending this framework.
I do not know much about 3D (I guess it would need OpenGL?) but
I would be glad to help test/add features to the 2D plots.
I would like to use it in an open source academic project I have
for heat transfer applications. I investigated a few possibilities
and there does not seem to be a particularly easy to use
plotting library designed for C++, so KDE can set the standard here.

What is the best way to get involved?

I am also curious who is the KUnitConversion maintainer as well.
Similarly, unit conversion software would be fantastic,
however it is missing many units and features.

I would also be glad to work on either cleaning up KUnitConversion,
or working on a replacement library. I believe I saw on the archives
someone working on KStandards?

What is the best way to get involved in the KStandards framework
development? I will try to contact the person listed on KUC source code
too but maybe it is more appropriate to post to the mailing list for
feedback from everyone.

I am a long time user of KDE, and I am looking forward to learning
how to get involved and give back.

Thank you,

Garret Wassermann