Problems with KFilterDev::deviceForFile method in a KF5 based application

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Aug 9 08:47:17 UTC 2014

On Sunday 27 July 2014 20:22:14 Arnold Dumas wrote:
> I've tried to replace this by:
> QScopedPointer<QIODevice> device(new KFilterDev(file));
>
> but it still only load gziped files and not plain-text ones.

This is surprising because this case is unittested and works.

KFilterTest::test_block_read ends with
test_block_read(pathnone);
which calls
KFilterDev dev(fileName);
on a plain-text file, and reads from it.

Did you debug it a little further? What happens when trying to load a plain-
text file? Wrong size? Garbage data? ... ?

I added a new unittest for a larger read in one go (readAll), in case it's an
issue that only occurs with larger data (like we found in 9d04e4186f13,
in the case of writing without compression), but that test passes too...

Working on KDE Frameworks 5