Major regression in KService?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Apr 28 11:44:42 UTC 2014

On Monday 28 April 2014 08:51:02 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since updating this morning it looks to me like KService has regressed
> really badly. On my setup I see the following problems:
> * kcmshell5 is not listing all KCMs it should find
> * same for systemsettings
> * KWin is unable to find it's decoration plugin (see e.g.
> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/117810 )
> * KWin is unable to find the fallback Aurorae theme
> * KWin is unable to find all KWin Effects
> * KWin is unable to find it's Scripts
> * Probably many more issues I couldn't detect yet because I'm not able to
> start KWin's KCMs as kcmshell5 is not able to open them
>
> I'm a little bit surprised by the fact that we have a change with such a
> breakage potential that late in the cycle...
>
> I tried to figure out what change caused the regression but didn't find any
> information on the mailing list.

The changes are those from ECM's KDEInstallDirs.cmake : the install dirs for
service and servicetype desktop files (and other things) has changed.

Yes it's late in the cycle, but people were complaining about the weird
install locations (and they were right) so we fixed it - it's now or never.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5