Major regression in KService?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Apr 28 06:51:02 UTC 2014

Hi all,

since updating this morning it looks to me like KService has regressed really
badly. On my setup I see the following problems:
* kcmshell5 is not listing all KCMs it should find
* same for systemsettings
* KWin is unable to find it's decoration plugin (see e.g.
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/117810 )
* KWin is unable to find the fallback Aurorae theme
* KWin is unable to find all KWin Effects
* KWin is unable to find it's Scripts
* Probably many more issues I couldn't detect yet because I'm not able to
start KWin's KCMs as kcmshell5 is not able to open them

I'm a little bit surprised by the fact that we have a change with such a
breakage potential that late in the cycle...

I tried to figure out what change caused the regression but didn't find any
information on the mailing list. So, what's the proper way to get back to a
working state?

Cheers
Martin