Fwd: KDE Frameworks Release Cycle

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Apr 27 15:14:43 UTC 2014

Longer answer now that i'm no longer on the move :)

El Diumenge, 27 d'abril de 2014, a les 16:09:27, David Faure va escriure:
> On Sunday 27 April 2014 15:55:07 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Interesting fact here that original the mail was just sent to k-f-d and
> > k-c-d.
>
> That was my suggestion, to avoid cross-posting to 4 lists everytime someone
> answers, which always creates issues because kde-packager@ is moderated.

Ok

> > I am seeing similar patterns in the plasma land, where they went their own
> > way with the releasing discussion and only sent to this list after the
> > discussion happened (or that's my impression) (Note i'm not complaining of
> > being left aside since actually i was there in person for the KF5
> > dicussion).
>
> Then please don't confuse issues in the plasma world with issues in the KF5
> world. I feel like you're blaming me for plasma issues....

No, i'm not blaming anyone for anything, i'm just stating that both schedules
were discussed outside this list, so maybe the list doesn't make sense as "KDE
Applications, Platform and Worskapces" release list and should be repurposed
as "KDE Applications" release list.

> > I'm just raising the question if we want to:
> >  a) Try to make the KF5 and plasma people work more in the release-team
> >  list
> >
> > when discussing about releases
> >
> >  b) Rename the release-team list to kde-applications-release-team or
> >
> > something like that to make it clear it is about "KDE Applications" side
> > of
> > the previous three "Applications, Plaform and Workspaces" sides of a
> > release
> >
> >  c) Disband the relase-team altogether.

ok, typo from my side here, where i said "Disband the relase-team altogether."
i meant "Disband the relase-team mailing list altogether."

> I am the release team (with input from Kévin and you) when it comes to KF5
> releases, and I was part of the discussion, so I think your claim that
> release-team was not involved in the discussion just doesn't apply to the
> KF5 release cycle discussion.

What I was claiming was that "the release-team mailing list" wasn't involved
in the discussion, so maybe we want to disband or repurpose the mailing list.

> Please don't bring me/us into your complaints
> towards plasma.

Again, not sure why you're pointing me towards plasma, i have no issues with
them, my comment was if the release-team mailing list still makes sense or
not.

Cheers,
  Albert