KDE Frameworks Release Cycle

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Sun Apr 27 11:18:06 UTC 2014

On 27/04/14 10:51, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> As you may have noticed, we're covering quite a few tasks here during the
> sprint. But, we're also having discussion topics, and the most important one
> we covered is the release cycle. Indeed, we got the question several times
> already of "once 5.0 is out what will happen?" It is what I'll try to address
> in this email.
>
> Short story: we'll go for a one month release cycle, with no branch.

As an addendum, extra-cmake-modules will (for now, at least) tend to
release in sync with frameworks. However, e-c-m has its own version
scheme, and there will not necessarily be a release for every frameworks
release. It will also never be frozen, as there are no translations to
be made.

I am going to demand unit tests for new modules (other than find
modules, which are too system-dependent to reasonably unit test) and new
features in existing modules, and I welcome unit tests for existing code.

Alex