Android integration in KConfig framework

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:11:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm currently working on GCompris port (passing from Gtk to Qt5 qml/js)
and for storing persistent data, i'm using KConfig (from
https://projects.kde.org/projects/frameworks/kconfig/repository).

It works fine on Desktop (tested on linux) and with a slight
modification (I attached a potential patch which fix my problem) it
works also on Android.

I have a problem when compiling KConfig libraries because it appends the
soname at the end of library (meaning libGCompris.so will look for a
libKF5ConfigCore.so.5) and I deploy only libKF5ConfigCore.so (it looks
like Android does not support soname).

About the patch, in the toolchain I specifiy to compile with, ANDROID is
defined. This way, It only creates a libKF5ConfigCore.so.

If it is good for you, is it possible to integrate it on KConfig ?Or if
you have an other way to not have the soname, I take it :)

Regards,

Johnny