How do we want to ship framework translations

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Fri Apr 11 07:21:53 UTC 2014

Am Donnerstag, 10. April 2014, 22:58:29 schrieb Chusslove Illich:
> > [: Burkhard Lück :]
> > For my daily work (proofreading translations of de, check i18n errors from
> > devels via x-test, check translation bugs reported on b.k.o) I build +
> > install the complete translations (gui + docs) of several languages each
> > day via l10n- kde4/scripts/autogen.sh, so need that for frameworks as
> > well.
>
> How does this work out for you with extragear and playground programs? Same
> as with KDE SC stuff, or there are some differences?

In stable (KDE SC +extragear) modules/apps usually have to be build only once
(exept in case of i18n fixes) to be able to check/test/proofread all
translations.

In master this is of course slightly different, for new translations the apps
need to be rebuild.
But even in SC master, extragear + playground the i18n related code does not
change so often except for new apps like kst or labplot coming into kde.

For my use cases and especially playing with an app GUI while translating the
documentation I do not need the latest build.
Rebuilding once a week or even less often is usually sufficient, except in cases
hunting down / trying to fix i18n issues.

--
Burkhard Lück