Kioslave repos

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:57:37 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 09 April 2014, Àlex Fiestas wrote:
> I'm against having anything in plasma-* without maintainer and even less if
> it is something that is known to have bugs (many) in KDE4.
>
> So we wither split it and hope somebody will give love to it or remove it.

Not talking about that repo in particular, but...
on the other hand, putting stuff in own micro repositories is as swiping under
the carpet as leaving them in one of the main ones, if anything it ensures
even more that it will go abandoned and unnoticed.
If it's stuff that really nobody is even using and is safe to drop, that's ok
(would be even ok to just delete it tough)

but if is something that the user needs anyways and potentially causes
regressions in the experience, it has to stay, and in the place that goes the
least unnoticed.
Developers being confortable with it, or even (gasp!) being actively
maintained goes completely secondary behind the causing as less regressions as
possible for the users.

--
Marco Martin