KItemModels, Solid & KJS licenses

šumski hrvoje.senjan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 20:24:44 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 19 of February 2014 21:18:31 šumski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i've started pushing Frameworks to openSUSE Factory (i.e. next openSUSE
> release), and our legal review found some issues[1][2][3] with mentioned
> frameworks licenses.

Last items =)
KRunner and KActivities are missing COPYING(.LIB), but the 'biggest' remaining
issue is kde4support, quote:

"The spec file states only that the package is LGPL-2.1+ licensed. Indeed, the
predominant license in the source code files does appear to be LGPL-2.1.
However, there are instances of other licenses. If this cpp code is compiled
with the rest of the LGPL-2.1+ licensed kde4support code, it could be said
that the resulting work must be licensed under the GPL-2.0 - this would have a
material effect on the overall license of kdesupport4."

Should kde4support be declared as GPL-2.0?

TIA, and cheers,
Hrvoje