Where to put kglobalacceld?

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Apr 7 09:20:19 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Àlex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 04 April 2014 15:41:07 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
>> Given that kglobalaccel is only intended for the kde-workspaces anyway my
>> suggestion is to move it into plasma-workspace repository instead of merging
>> with the framework. Please note that with Wayland it will be extremely
>> difficult to provide a generic globalaccel anyway (no global keylogger like
>> in X11 possible) and my plan is to implement the interface in KWin.
>
> I would put it in a separate repo just to make sure distributions do not add
> plasma-workspace as a dependency of kglobalaccel (which will mean that
> application developers will run away from the dependency).
>
> What about kglobalaccel-runtime ?

Frameworks has gone well overkill with the desire to split everything
into separated repositories.
Such a repository makes no sense.

If this is such a problem, then kglobalaccel (the framework) should
gain backends for Windows, Mac, Other DE, etc. integration and
kglobalacceld is merely the implementation used in a Plasma workspace.