DrKonqi placement

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Apr 2 17:20:19 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 7:07 PM, Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 April 2014 18:48:24 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I know I'm changing what I say about drkonqi every now and then, but
> every
> > step I take, I realize that the project is bigger and bigger. What I
> wanted
> > to do originally was to move it to KCrash, KCrash without drkonqi is much
> > less useful.
> >
> > Today I stripped out KDE4Support from it and realized the amount of
> > dependencies is quite considerable:
> > - without bugzilla integration:
> > KF5::I18n
>
> Can be stripped using tr()?
>
> > KF5::IconThemes
>
> Huh? I wonder what it's using there... I'd be surprised if it needs
> something
> fancier than QIcon::fromTheme().
>
> > KF5::WindowSystem
>
> That's only for KStartupInfo right?
>
> > KF5::Crash
>
> To be expected. :-)
>
> > - with bugzilla integration (additionally to the previous ones):
> > KF5::XmlRpcClient KF5::Wallet KF5::WebKit KF5::ConfigWidgets
> > KF5::WidgetsAddons KF5::JobWidgets KF5::Completion KF5::Wallet Qt5::DBus
>
> Woaaaah!
>
> > Because of that fact, I considered turning the bugzilla integration into
> > plugin, but then it's very tied to the rest of the code in drkonqi, so it
> > would mean quite some work splitting it and making sense out of the
> > abstraction.
> >
> > Does anybody want to give a hand so I can concentrate on the rest of
> > kde-runtime?
> > Otherwise, we can also put it in a separate repository, or we can move
> > KCrash to tier 3.
>
> Or we keep drkonqi out and have it provided by the workspace. If not
> available
> then kcrash could provide a default very basic one. Sounds like something
> for
> 5.1 though.
>
> Regards.
> --
> Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net
>
> KDAB - proud supporter of KDE, http://www.kdab.com

I confirm that KIconThemes wasn't needed, I guess I dropped the dependency
while porting, on the other hand I just realized that I was wrong at the
non-bugzilla dependencies, this is the correct list:
KF5::I18n
KF5::WindowSystem
KF5::CoreAddons
KF5::Service
KF5::ConfigWidgets
KF5::JobWidgets
KF5::KIOCore
KF5::Crash

And yes, we can try to trim it down, but I'm unsure how useful that would
be. So I agree that we can not move it to KCrash and consider it a task for
5.0+.

Aleix