DrKonqi placement

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Apr 2 16:48:24 UTC 2014

Hi,
I know I'm changing what I say about drkonqi every now and then, but every
step I take, I realize that the project is bigger and bigger. What I wanted
to do originally was to move it to KCrash, KCrash without drkonqi is much
less useful.

Today I stripped out KDE4Support from it and realized the amount of
dependencies is quite considerable:
- without bugzilla integration:
KF5::I18n KF5::IconThemes KF5::WindowSystem KF5::Crash

- with bugzilla integration (additionally to the previous ones):
KF5::XmlRpcClient KF5::Wallet KF5::WebKit KF5::ConfigWidgets
KF5::WidgetsAddons KF5::JobWidgets KF5::Completion KF5::Wallet Qt5::DBus

Because of that fact, I considered turning the bugzilla integration into a
plugin, but then it's very tied to the rest of the code in drkonqi, so it
would mean quite some work splitting it and making sense out of the
abstraction.

Does anybody want to give a hand so I can concentrate on the rest of
kde-runtime?
Otherwise, we can also put it in a separate repository, or we can move
KCrash to tier 3.

Aleix