Removing the KFileMetadataWidget

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Mon Sep 30 15:14:41 UTC 2013

Hello people

The current KFileMetaDataWidget uses the Nepomuk libraries which no longer
exist in kdelibs. So when we finally start splitting the libraries into their
own git repos, kde4support will detect that Nepomuk is not installed and that
will make KFileMetaDataWidget useless - It literally will not do anything.

I'm planning on removing KFileMetaDataWidget completely, and marking it as
deprecated in kdelibs4. Applications which still use it (Konversation and
KGet) can start using Nepomuk::FileMetaDataWidget which offers the same api.

Objections?

--
Vishesh Handa