Making KDocTools independent of KArchive

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Sep 29 21:33:03 UTC 2013

El Diumenge, 29 de setembre de 2013, a les 12:14:49, David Faure va escriure:
> On Monday 23 September 2013 20:23:13 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > So we don't have a man page anymore? Debian will be happy :D
> >
> > Also we're losing the i18n-zation side of the man page, which the current
> > -- help does not have.
>
> What do non-kde projects do? Write a man page by hand and translate it by
> hand? Or do they use .po files somehow?

I've no clue, I don't participate in any non-kde project that has translated
man pages.

It seems po4a-gettextize knows how to create a .pot file from a manpage file.
If anyone wants to give it a try to integrate into our l10n workflow...

Still you'd lose the hability to say convert the manpage to an html file or a
pdf like we have right now since it would not be a docbook anymore.

Cheers,
  Albert

P.S: Added the docu people