kde4_add_plugin on KF5

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Sep 28 16:53:34 UTC 2013

On Thursday 19 September 2013 19:39:54 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> But I think Stephens plan is to get rid of those macros and use plain cmake
> instead, i.e. add_library(... MODULE ...), as with add_executable() and
> add_library().

I've always been surprised that cmake doesn't remove the "lib" prefix when
using MODULE. Starting plugins with "lib" encourages people to confuse libs
and plugins, and to link to plugins -- which is a huge "no no", with
portability in mind.

The ideal solution IMHO would have been MODULE removing the prefix, but I
guess it's too late for that.
So the second best solution IMHO would be a add_library( ... PLUGIN ...) or
add_plugin(), in cmake itself.

This is definitely not kde specific.