Fwd: Reminder: use KF5::foo instead of ${foo_LIBRARIES} in CMakeLists

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Sep 26 03:10:08 UTC 2013

Is there anything preventing us from using the ALIAS target right now?

It's in the git version. The build guide say to get cmake from git.
kdesrc-build gets it from git, and build.kde.org uses git latest.

I just set KWindowSystem to have an alias and tried building
knotifications. It worked beautifully, http://paste.kde.org/pde423295
Both full kdelibs built as well as knotifiications standalone, which
previously failed. It even helped me find a missing find_package(!)
that would have otherwise gone unnoticed till we split, which would
have a been a real nuisance.

Doing this will allow us to make sure each tierN module actually
builds standalone, and saves us having to set all the lib names twice
if we are porting to KF5::LibName eventually.

Downside is people using old cmake will need to sort themselves out
and upgrade. (including project-neon-5)

David