KParts / KIOConfig: Please unbreak plasma-framework

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Sep 26 12:56:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

The recent changes in KParts and KIO have caused plasma-framework to fail
building. First, KParts is not found, adding a find_package call makes it
complain about KIOCore not being found. I've tried adding a
KIOCoreConfig.cmake, but didn't manage to make it working. After about an hour
of fiddling with it, I gave up.

So essentially, kdelibs is broken now for Plasma development. This is
something we wanted to avoid, and it can easily be avoided by actually testing
that your changes work. Just splitting up stuff and crossing fingers is not
enough.

Please try building plasma-framework after you've done changes. This will a)
reveal problems with your change, b) save other developers lots of frustration
and lost time.

And please someone fix it.

Thanks,
--