Making KDocTools independent of KArchive

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Sep 24 15:40:55 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 24 September 2013 15:05:56 Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 September 2013 13:48:55 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > Are you sure that's an improvement?
> >
> > Well, as highlighted we have a dependency issue there, so it's either:
> >  1) no docbook in tier 1 and tier 2 frameworks;
> >  2) we use a different docbook to manpage tool for tier 1 and tier 2
> >
> > frameworks.
> >
> > Pick your poison. But we can't keep said dependency issue.
> >
> Maybe we can bundle the generated documentation?
> I think we're making it more of a problem than actually is... Maybe the
> problem here is considering kdoctools as a framework instead of a tool set.

That's indeed a solution. We could deal with those man pages in the same way
than we deal with parsers using flex and yacc... I don't like that much as
that forces us to commit the resulting file.

But maybe that's the proper way to make everyone happy in that case.

Cheers.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net