Making KDocTools independent of KArchive

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Sep 24 11:48:55 UTC 2013

El Dimarts, 24 de setembre de 2013, a les 08:49:20, Kevin Ottens va escriure:
> On Monday 23 September 2013 13:09:05 Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
> > Maybe we can use a third-party docbook-to-manpage conversion tool. On
> > Linux
> > it would be easy to install, and on Windows it wouldn't be needed ("what's
> > a manpage?"). And still leave it optional everywhere...
>
> Thats a very good question. Maybe in that case kdoctools is indeed overkill.
> Someone would have to investigate if something else could be used though.

That's really weird, we have a solution that works, and you want to use
something else?

What does that gives us?

That stuff in kde now depends in two docbook-to-manpage conversion tools
instead of one?

Are you sure that's an improvement?

Albert