Making KDocTools independent of KArchive

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Sep 23 18:23:13 UTC 2013

El Dilluns, 23 de setembre de 2013, a les 08:45:29, Kevin Ottens va escriure:
> On Saturday 21 September 2013 15:25:27 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El Dissabte, 21 de setembre de 2013, a les 11:15:52, Stephen Kelly va
> >
> > escriure:

> > > What would break? Everything that reads and writes those files is
> > > in-tree.
> >
> > Right, i tought khelpcenter did some of the decoding, but it's done via
> > meinproc too.

> > > What I was trying to get at is that you seem to be implying that kconfig
> > > depends on kdoctools (ie, a tier1 depends on a tier2), therefore
> > > kdoctools
> > > can't be tier1. I don't follow that logic.
> >
> > Well, kconfig depends on kdoctools because as I said there is a docbook
> > for
> > the kconfig_compiler manpage.
> >
> > So yes, there is a tier1 that depends on a tier2. That if as I understand
> > we plan to ship the kconfig_compiler manpage together with the kconfig
> > framework tarball.
>
> Well, I'm not sure we want to do that. This docbook seems useful only
> because kconfig_compiler --help does a poor job at documenting itself. So
> what about completing kconfig_compiler --help output to make it useful and
> get rid of the docbook?

So we don't have a man page anymore? Debian will be happy :D

Also we're losing the i18n-zation side of the man page, which the current --
help does not have.

But anyway we seem to be cutting features here and there in sake of
tierization, i guess this one is a minor one.

Since I'm not doing any meaningful frameworks work, O guess it's up to you
guys if we want to have the features we had or settling for less is good
enough.

Cheers,
  Albert