New test with C++11 and lambda (UDSEntry testcase)

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 19:47:07 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:

> On Saturday, 2013-09-21, Mark wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just created a quite complicated testcase for frameworks which uses
> > the new signal/slot connection syntax (since Qt 5.0) and uses a lambda as
> > slot. The reason i did this is so that i can keep then entire testcase
> > (minus the initialization) contained in one testcase method. Otherwise i
> > would have to make signal/slot connections to member functions which is
> > probably not something you want for testcases..
>
> Wouldn't it also be possible to use QSignalSpy?

Yes, that would probably remove the need for a direct lamba connection and
with some more fiddling around i can probably also remove the other lambda
in there with "auto findFilename ..." which would remove the need for
C++11.. But this is kinda short as it is for what it does, it will get
bigger in code if i work around it which i like to prevent.