kde4_add_plugin on KF5

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Sep 19 17:39:54 UTC 2013

On Thursday 19 September 2013, Alex Merry wrote:
> On 19/09/13 17:00, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > Hi,
> > We should decide what we do with the add_plugin macro. Should I install
> > it as kf5_add_plugin from KCoreAddons? Do we want something different or
> > better?
>
> Would e-c-m be the right place for it?

Depends on what it does.
IMO, if it is generally useful, and has no KDE dependencies, yes.
If it is only useful for KDE, it might go into kde-modules and get a KDEish
prefix. But this is actually not wanted.

But I think Stephens plan is to get rid of those macros and use plain cmake
instead, i.e. add_library(... MODULE ...), as with add_executable() and
add_library().

Alex