Dependency specifications

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Sep 12 00:32:20 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Michael Palimaka <kensington at gentoo.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently, the specification for Qt dependencies is not always consistent
> between tier1 frameworks.
>
> In particular, I notice dependencies being specified twice (eg. QtTest in
> both project root and in autotests), and test dependencies split (eg.
> QtTest in project root only, and QtXml in autotests only).
>
> What is the intended behaviour? All dependencies specified in the project
> root? Common dependencies specified in the project root, and specific
> dependencies in directories that require them? Something else?
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

I'd say that all Qt dependencies in the module should be defined only once
in the root CMakeLists.txt. Actually this should be the only file with
"find_package" calls.

We could try an be stricter, but in practice what is useful for
distribution is the find_dependency call in the Config.cmake.in file...

Aleix