Moving itemviews to tier2

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Wed Sep 11 13:23:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am moving itemviews to tier2 [1], but I have a few questions:

First, I noticed ItemViewConfig.cmake.in was lacking some calls other
frameworks have, for example:

  find_dependency(Qt5Widgets @REQUIRED_QT_VERSION@)
  find_dependency(KCoreAddons ${PACKAGE_VERSION})

I just modified it (and updated the review request) but it feels like cargo-
culting, is there any documentation on what should be in a KF5
*Config.cmake.in file?

Second, the top-level CMakeLists.txt now looks like this:

  cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.11)

  project(ItemViews)

  find_package(ECM 0.0.8 REQUIRED NO_MODULE)
  set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${ECM_MODULE_PATH})

  set(REQUIRED_QT_VERSION "5.2.0")
  find_package(Qt5 ${REQUIRED_QT_VERSION} REQUIRED NO_MODULE
    COMPONENTS Widgets)
  find_package(KF5 5.0.0 REQUIRED MODULE
    COMPONENTS CMake Compiler InstallDirs KCoreAddons)

itemviews depends on KCoreAddons, so when I ran cmake to build it standalone,
I expected cmake to report KCoreAddons as a required package, but it is listed
in the "optional packages" section. How does one tell KCoreAddons is
*required*?

Aurélien

[1]: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/112556/