XCB vs. KModifierKeyInfoProvider

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Sep 2 13:01:13 UTC 2013

On Monday 02 September 2013 10:39:53 you wrote:
> On Monday 02 September 2013 09:05:27 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > 3) I just don't like it and would feel very uncomfortable given that we
> > don't  have unit tests and that this could break in future if xkb.h
> > becomes
> > available.
>
> Why not declare the struct but with a different name? Then it can't clash
> with future xkb.h versions.
Well yes, that's what Qt does and that's what I don't like. But if that is an
acceptable solution I will give it a try and add a max extension version
number to ensure that the event structure doesn't change.

Cheers
Martin

P.S.: looking at lxr it seems that there used to be a unit test. What happened
to it? Was it just forgotten to be moved?