Getting ecm files from the ECM package

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 11:29:55 UTC 2013

Hello,

Soon I will be replacing code like

 find_package(KF5 REQUIRED CMake Compiler InstallDirs)

with

 include(KDEInstallDirs)
 include(KDECMakeSettings)
 include(KDECompilerSettings)

As I've said before, it makes no sense that we have to find KF5 in order to
build KF5, so I'm going to 'fix' that.

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.frameworks/5860/focus=5976

(unfortunately the formatting of the reviewboard mail is no good. Visit the
reviewboard site to read it).

find_package(KF5 ... ) will only be used to find KF5 frameworks.

After that's done, I'll be creating a kf5umbrella tier1 framework which
installs a KF5Config.cmake and KF5ConfigVersion.cmake. This will work the
same way as FindKF5.cmake currently works, and will be implemented similarly
to Qt5Config.cmake - it is only used as a grouper, and is optional.

All the patches for this are already written for all the frameworks repos.

Thanks,

Steve.