Review Request 113483: Copy KDE4 macro to install all icons in the current source dir

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Oct 29 17:42:36 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 29 October 2013 18:36:03 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 October 2013, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > > Ship it!
> > >

> > > Looks fine to me and is aligned with prior discussions.
> >
> > Note that it is named ECM_foo, but it contains hardcoded KDE icon theme
> > names.
>
> Good point.
> As it is, IMO for being "ECM", it needs way more documentation.

Agreed. And we should try to get it to work with no oxygen and crystalsvg hard
coded, even if that means having to port the caller to specify the missing
information. locolor and hicolor can stay though.

> It needs to be documented so that it can be used by people who know nothing
> about KDE or KDE's icon scheme.

XDG icon scheme actually (that's why hicolor and locolor are OK, they're in
the standard).

It's really about XDG icons now, but the macro doesn't show it fully yet.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net