Forward includes

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Oct 21 09:39:34 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Friday 18 October 2013 20:24:00 Aleix Pol wrote:
> I realized recently that we have a weird setup for those CamelCased
> includes that now we keep in kdelibs/includes, so I was guessing that
> probably we want to split them and move them into each directory.

I think we want those installed as is by kde4support, because they're here for
existing code to still compile (we got KDE/foo includes in our codebase).

> Also we should decide if we want to keep them in KDE/ or in a KModule/
> directory and point to it from the Config.cmake files.

IIRC the last time this topic was discussed I think we were leaning toward a
KF5/Module/ directory. And yes the Config.cmake files should point to it IMO.

> What do you guys think?

The above is pretty much it on my side, but I'd like to add something:
We should get those forwarding includes generated to not have to maintain them
by hand anymore. Since we had to do some header generation in some of the
frameworks to get them to comply with the standard directory layout, it looks
like something we could get cmake to do.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net