Compiling Plasma-Framework with a QT5 compiled with -egl -opengl es2

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Oct 14 14:40:03 UTC 2013

On Friday 11 October 2013 07:32:47 nerdopolis wrote:
> On Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:00:04 PM kde-frameworks-devel-
request at kde.org wrote:
> > > Is this a bug I should file?
> >
> > no need to file a bug about it. It's code I have written and I know that
> > it
> > currently requires glx. The problem here is that GLX is found on your
> > system but Qt is compiled as gles. This is an unfortunate situation and
> > should not happen in "real world" as one has either desktop gl or gles
> > and not both on a system.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Martin
>
> Hi. It seems qtwayland needs egl though, which seems to require qt to be
> built with es2?
it shouldn't require es2. It's obvious that it needs egl, but it shouldn't
need es2. If it does that would be clearly an upstream bug. KWin 4.11 for
Wayland requires egl, but doesn't work with es2.

> Checking for wayland... yes
> Checking for xkbcommon... yes
> Checking for wayland_scanner... yes
> Checking for wayland_egl... no
> Checking for egl... no
> Checking for brcm_egl... no
> Checking for glx... yes
> Checking for xcomposite... yes
> Project MESSAGE: no wayland-egl support detected, cross-toolkit
> compatibility disabled
>
> It doesn't seem to build the plugin when I removed the -egl -opengl es2 and
> rebuilt QT.
What if you add the -egl and not the -opengl es2? Egl is an own library and
not part of opengles.

Cheers
Martin