QTimeZone merged for 5.2

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Oct 14 10:55:49 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Thursday 03 October 2013 18:15:22 John Layt wrote:
> KDateTimeEdit
> - My new widget to replace many local widgets, added in last kdelibs release
> - Can replace KDateComboBox, KTimeComboBox, api is almost the same - Not
> used anywhere!?!
> - API uses QDate, QTime, KDateTime, KCalendarSystem, KTimeZone
> - Suggest: Port to Qt5
> - KDE4 era apps can start pre-porting?
> - Or add to Qt?
>
> KDateTimeWidget
> - Used 8 times
> - API uses QDateTime
> - Poor UX
> - Suggest: kde4support, replace with KDateTimeEdit

Giving it a closer look, I'm wondering: are you sure about this course of
action?
KDateTimeEdit is basically a KDateComboBox and a KTimeComboBox layouted
together. So deprecating those two without deprecating KDateTimeEdit sounds
weird to me... In particular internally it could/should use KDateEdit (which
is forked several times and not in kdelibs ATM) which is a much more
interesting widget.

At that point I would be tempted to move KDateTimeEdit to kde4support too as
it's not used anyway and push people toward using stock Qt widgets to their
date/time needs.

It means the only two widgets we would save from the kde4support fate are
KDatePicker and later on KDateEdit (once all its forks are merged or we pick
one implementation from the lot).

Opinion?

Regards.
--