Compiling Plasma-Framework with a QT5 compiled with -egl -opengl es2

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Oct 10 06:02:34 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 09 October 2013 22:18:26 nerdopolis wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am trying to compile plasma-framework against a qt5 that is ready for
> Wayland, which does not have Desktop GL enabled.
Wayland does not require OpenGL ES. This is a common misunderstanding due to
first Weston versions requiring OpenGL ES. It should be possible to compile
with OpenGL Desktop (note: desktop gl still includes glx but glx is not
required to get an OpenGL context).

> However I seem to get an error that seems to be related to opengl in QT.
>
> Is this a bug I should file?
no need to file a bug about it. It's code I have written and I know that it
currently requires glx. The problem here is that GLX is found on your system
but Qt is compiled as gles. This is an unfortunate situation and should not
happen in "real world" as one has either desktop gl or gles and not both on a
system.

Cheers
Martin