more build problems around KIO

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Oct 7 17:13:02 UTC 2013

On Monday 07 October 2013, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still struggling to get kde-workspace (and kde-runtime) to build after
> Friday's changes. Following Kevin's change in plasma-framework, I've
> removed KIO from the KF5 imports. The problem is now:
>

> CMake Warning at
> /home/sebas/kf5/install/lib64/cmake/Kross/KrossConfig.cmake:31
> (find_package):
>   By not providing "FindKConfigCore.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this
> project
>   has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
>   "KConfigCore", but CMake did not find one.
>
>   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "KConfigCore"
> with
>   any of the following names:

I recommend to add the "MODULE" or "NO_MODULE" keyword to the find_package()
call, this way you get a better error message and the reader of the file knows
what is expected, because both cmake and the reader (you) can see whether a
FindKConfigCore.cmake or a KConfigCoreConfig.cmake file is expected.

> [...]
>   "KConfigCore" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
>   has been installed.
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   /home/sebas/kf5/install/lib64/cmake/Kross/KrossConfig.cmake:60
> (find_dependency)
>   /home/sebas/kf5/install/share/ECM/find-modules/FindKF5.cmake:210
> (find_package)
>   CMakeLists.txt:45 (find_package)
>

> CMake Warning at
> /home/sebas/kf5/install/lib64/cmake/Kross/KrossConfig.cmake:31
> (find_package):
>   By not providing "FindKIOWidgets.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
>   has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
>   "KIOWidgets", but CMake did not find one.
>
>   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "KIOWidgets" with
>   any of the following names:
>
>     KIOWidgetsConfig.cmake
>     kiowidgets-config.cmake
>
>   Add the installation prefix of "KIOWidgets" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
>   "KIOWidgets_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
>   "KIOWidgets" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
> has
>   been installed.
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   /home/sebas/kf5/install/lib64/cmake/Kross/KrossConfig.cmake:62
> (find_dependency)
>   /home/sebas/kf5/install/share/ECM/find-modules/FindKF5.cmake:210
> (find_package)
>   CMakeLists.txt:45 (find_package)
>

> -- KF5[Kross]: Loaded
> /home/sebas/kf5/install/lib64/cmake/Kross/KrossConfig.cmake
> -- Found KF5:
> /home/sebas/kf5/install/lib64/cmake/KIdleTime/KIdleTimeConfig.cmake} (found
> version "5.0.0") found components:  CMake Compiler InstallDirs KIdleTime
> ItemModels KWidgetsAddons KWindowSystem KCodecs KArchive KCoreAddons Solid
> ThreadWeaver KConfig KAuth KJS KWallet KDBusAddons Sonnet KI18n KGuiAddons
> KService KConfigWidgets ItemViews KNotifications KIconThemes KStyle
> KCompletion KJobWidgets KTextWidgets XmlGui KCrash KBookmarks
> KUnitConversion KDE4Attic KCMUtils Kross
> -- KF5[InstallDirs]: Loaded settings from
> /home/sebas/kf5/install/share/ECM/kde-modules/KDEInstallDirs.cmake
> -- Found KF5: /home/sebas/kf5/install/share/ECM/find-modules/FindKF5.cmake
> (found version "5.0.0") found components:  InstallDirs
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:52 (find_package):
>   Found package configuration file:
>

> /home/sebas/kf5/install/lib64/cmake/KDeclarative/KDeclarativeConfig.cmake
>
>   but it set KDeclarative_FOUND to FALSE so package "KDeclarative" is
>   considered to be NOT FOUND.  Reason given by package:
>
>   The following imported targets are referenced, but are missing:
>   KF5::KIOCore

> See also "/home/sebas/kf5/build/kde-workspace/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
>

> It seems some of these modules aren't happy now anymore when used. I'm
> puzzled what needs to be added where, however.

As the error message says, KDeclarative links against the imported target
KF5::KIOCore, but that target has not been imported, so cmake errors out.

Alex