kio-related build error in plasma-framework

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Oct 5 11:00:24 UTC 2013

On Friday 04 October 2013 19:55:52 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Friday, October 04, 2013 17:56:52 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm getting a build error in a few places in plasma-framework, kio isn't
> > found. I can't seem to figure out why, maybe someone who has a better
> > overview of what in KIO is where, and what I need to tell cmake to figure
> > this out?
> >
> > The error is:
> > /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld:
> > cannot find -lkio
> > collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > Others reproduce it, too, so it's blocking us right now.
>
> It turns out that removing KDE4_KIO_LIBS from the linker targets it needed
> to build.

I'm seeing the same in other areas, e.g.
kde-workspace/plasma/generic/wallpapers/image gives

cannot find -lkio
cannot find -lkfile
cannot find -lknewstuff3

It seems the -L pointing to the lib dir is missing, all of a sudden.

But I'm not sure where it came from, before, so I'm not sure where to look...