[Review Request] Modularizing KF5

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 08:25:32 UTC 2013

Aurélien Gâteau wrote:

> On Tuesday 01 October 2013 19:28:04 Aleix Pol wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Since ReviewBoard is not working for me, I decided to send this review as
>> an e-mail. I know it's less practical, but also I think it's important to
>> get it done and I'd rather go reasonably fast with it before we start
>> getting too much conflicts.

I for one a big reviewboard non-fan. I much prefer reviewing patches in
email or outside git remotes.

>> This patch removes all find_package usages in the root CMakeLists.txt
>> file (not the includes, only find_package) and moves it to every
>> different module or unsplitted folder.
>
> ENOPATCH :)

He pushed a branch to the kdelibs.git repo, which is unfortunate. There's so
many dead branches in there, you'd be forgiven for not noticing. I wish it
only was allowed to contain branches which contain releases and master. All
of these 'personal work branches' should be in other remotes.

Anyway, Aleix, it looks like a lot of the use of macro_bool_to_01 is
obsolete.

All configure_file uses of HAVE_X11 seem to already use #cmakedefine01.

 git grep -e HAVE_X11 --and -e cmakedefine

Replace the use of macro_bool_to_01 with set() first in a separate patch.

 set(HAVE_X11 ${X11_FOUND})

Why did you comment the HAVE_QSSLSOCKET check?

Thanks,

Steve.