Dialogs, QPT and Qt5

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Thu Nov 28 22:21:51 UTC 2013

On 28/11/13 16:53, Aleix Pol wrote:
> Dear frameworkers,
> I've seen that when we ask for a QFileDialog in KF5 we get a generic
> QFileDialog at the moment. The reason is simple, KFileDialog is
> deprecated in KDE4Support and we are not implementing
> QPlatformDialogHelper
> *QPlatformThemecreatePlatformDialogHelper(DialogType dialogType).
>
> I would like to make it happen, my only question is then what should we do?
> Should we have a framework for KFileDialog, KColorDialog and KFontDialog?
> Should we fork them and get  a copy in PlatformIntegration?

Ideally, I guess we would make the versions in KDE4Support shims for the
Qt versions, which would then delegate to the platform plugin.  That
might mean ditching some of the more esoteric functions.

Alternatively, I'd propose just forking it, given that KFileDialog
probably contains a bunch of code that's not really relevant to the
platform plugin, for example.  I know that copying code is generally A
Bad Thing, but I think it would be reasonable in this instance.

Alex