Superbuild in kdelibs

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Wed Nov 27 20:10:16 UTC 2013

Le jeudi 28 novembre 2013 07:41:19 Ben Cooksley a écrit :
> On Nov 28, 2013 7:26 AM, "Aurélien Gâteau" <agateau at kde.org> wrote:
> > Le mercredi 27 novembre 2013 10:16:57 Ben Cooksley a écrit :
> > > Hi,

> kdelibs

> sb_all"

> > > That has now been done in 6a67a97e79f1c0251bf0038e8ecd46dbe59cae72 to
> > > sysadmin/build-kde-org.
> > > Unfortunately the build failed.
> >
> > So I spent my day on that failure and build.kde.org is still red. The
>
> failure
>
> > is caused by meinproc5 not finding the kdex.dtd file. It should be fixed
>
> by
>
> > defining the XDG_DATA_DIRS variable to "$CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/share/" or
> > whatever dir where meinproc can find
>
> "ksgmltools2/customization/dtd/kdex.dtd",
>
> > installed by kdoctools (Ben, can you look into this?)
>
> That is not possible I'm afraid - we have to keep the install prefix out of
> cmake_prefix_paths and other env variables otherwise fresh builds would be
> contaminated by prior runs.

Any framework which depends on kdoctools needs the binaries and files
installed by kdoctools, so we need a way to do this. It used to be OK not do
so this because kdoctools was used in "bootstrap" mode: it used files from
kdelibs, but that is not applicable when building in standalone mode.

The situation is similar to, say, kde-baseapps or kdepim needing kdoctools:
how is Jenkins set up so that they can make use of kdoctools?

Aurélien