Superbuild in kdelibs

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Thu Nov 21 14:52:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

This morning I merged my superbuild changes in the frameworks branch.

Superbuild support was originally enabled by default, but I turned it
off because it broke on build.kde.org. You can turn it on by passing
-DSUPERBUILD=ON to cmake. When superbuild is enabled, you can build any
framework standalone with `make sb_$framework`. This will:

- create a separate build dir for the framework in
   $build/superbuild/$framework
- run cmake in this dir
- run make
- run make install

You can also build all frameworks standalone at once with `make
sb_all`.

Regarding build.kde.org: build failed because it defines a DESTDIR
environment variable but does not set CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH, which
superbuild
does not like:

     CMake Error at superbuild/SuperBuild.cmake:61 (message):
       The DESTDIR environment variable is set to
       "/srv/jenkins/workspace/kdelibs_frameworks_qt5/install", but
       CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH is not set to TRUE.  This would produce binaries
with bad
       RPATHs.
     Call Stack (most recent call first):
       superbuild/CMakeLists.txt:7 (include)

I am not sure what is the best approach to this, advices are welcome.

Once this is sorted out, I would like to see build.kde.org run `make
sb_all` before running the classic `make` command so that we can catch
standalone breakage.

Aurélien

http://build.kde.org/job/kdelibs_frameworks_qt5/1718/console