Wrapping up about KI18n and UIC

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Nov 15 15:14:46 UTC 2013

Hi,
I have been going through the list looking for what we should we do when it
comes to .ui file generation and i18n.

I see that Stephen Kelly has been doing some work on Qt and cmake to make
it possible to integrate these properly, but also those changes will get in
cmake 3 and Qt 5.3 which are not among our dependencies.

I'd suggest to revive jeremy's patch and adapting it to KF5 [1], I could
help with that, but I'd like to know first if we agree that it's the best
solution he have at the moment. When we get to all the features offered by
Kelly's patches, we can just reduce the amount of code that it's calling
and even deprecate it.

Aleix

[1] http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/112785/