Accessing the private of KGlobalShortcut in kglobalaccel

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Nov 13 06:22:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm currently trying to port kglobalaccel in kde-runtime to frameworks. I'm
facing an issue in the file globalshortcut.cpp: it tries to access the private
header of KGlobalShortcutInfo to create a custom KGlobalShortcutInfo
object[1]. Now this looks obviously wrong and doesn't work as the private
header doesn't get installed any more.

KGlobalShortcutInfo on the other hand only provides a default ctor and read-
only properties. So I cannot just create a KGlobalShortcutInfo and set the
properties. I assume that this has been done on purpose to make it non-
constructable. Even more the KGlobalShortcutInfo is friended with the
GlobalShortcut which tries to access the private.

Any suggestions on what to do here?

Cheers
Martin

[1] see kde-runtime/kglobalaccel/globalshortcut.cpp line 65 following