Getting ecm files from the ECM package

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Tue Nov 12 20:04:38 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-11, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> would that work for everyone?

I don't think it solves the actual hard point:

Where should the final home for the stuff in ecm/kde-modules be ?

I'll like to reiterate what I suggested should happen with it:

KDEInstallDirs.cmake :
Keep it as is, just like cmake has various FooInstallDirs, ecm can have
a it as well

KDECMakeSettings.cmake :
Be renamed to Good2013CmakeWithQtDefaults and kind of lock it to its
current content. Patches can be formed in form of
Good2014CmakeWithQtDefautls

It mostly contains stuff that I, if I_wasn't too lazy, would boilerplate
copy into all cmake+qt projects at work, for example.

KDECompilerSettings.cmake :
Send 2/3 of it to the bitbucket. Rename the rest to
StrictQtCompilerSettings2013

Maybe split the cmake defaults and compilersettings in two one Qt
specific that includes the non-qt-specific one.

This could also be something to boilerplate include into many projects.

/Sune