KDBusService, Open and ActivateAction

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Nov 12 17:17:40 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 12 November 2013 16:12:51 Alex Merry wrote:
> Well, except that the desktop spec allows (and encourages) the
> specification of an equivalent Exec line.  So the idea would be that you
> would, say, specify
> [Desktop Action Foo]
> Name=Do Foo
> Exec=app --action=foo
>
> and then KDBusService would turn that into the D-Bus call.

I'm not sure whether that means KDBusService should hardcode --action support.

I mean, the app could decide to have a different syntax, e.g. the desktop file
for kmail would say that the "compose mail" action should call
  kmail --compose
which already exists.

IOW, I would let the app handle this the way it wants.
It receives the command line, it gets the dbus calls via KDBusService, so it
can handle it all.