Having a Tier 0 for cmake and git submodules

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Nov 10 19:04:40 UTC 2013

On Sunday 10 November 2013 19:42:46 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> this would mean that the 3 KDE* files from ecm plus the KF5 umbrella
> Config.cmake file would be used within KF5 as a git submodule.
> Users of KF5 can get access to it via using the installed KF5 umbrella
> package, or not if they don't want to.

This umbrella config thing isn't needed by the frameworks themselves, AFAICS.
So it makes no sense to have them in a git submodule, i.e. copied into all
frameworks. But I suppose it has to be installed somehow, so the current
solution (a tier1, which can be avoided by using different cmake syntax,
right?) is fine?

Coming back to the 3 KDE* files:

My preference #1 is Sune's suggestion: cleanup, de-kde-ify, keep what's left
in ECM.

My preference #2, if some stuff that we need really doesn't belong in ECM, is
the git submodule.