the kspeech interface

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Sat Nov 9 05:40:21 UTC 2013

I was actually wondering that myself the other day as I added to it in
kdelibs master (that got branched into KDE/4.12) for a feature that
hit jovie in KDE SC 4.12.

It's used but really only needed to expose jovie's dbus interface for
applications to use. Interestingly, knotify uses jovie but doesn't
include kspeech.h somehow. Could we move the dbus interface into
kdeaccessibility/jovie and install it only when jovie is installed,
and use the dbus interface the same way it is used in knotify in the
places it's currently used directly?

Jeremy