kdelibs/interfaces/khexedit

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Nov 8 23:39:27 UTC 2013

Hi Friedrich,

I'm looking at interfaces/khexedit in kdelibs-frameworks, and wondering what
to do with it.

Are you still happy with it? Should we bring it into the KF5 world?

If so, we need to find a place for it.

It's only header files so it could be installed by any framework without any
additional "cost" for the framework.

The only dependency seems to be on kservicetypetrader.h, so we could move the
whole set of headers to the KService framework.

Seems that the only implementor of the service is okteta, and the only user of
the service is kdevelop. But apart from a direct dependency of kdevelop on
okteta, or fragile dynamic stuff (invokeMethod etc.), I admit that I don't see
a better solution.

Input welcome.