Getting ecm files from the ECM package

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Sun Nov 3 19:13:09 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-03, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> This code unconditionally searches for QtCore (and sets a target property
> where I'm not sure how many people here can understand what's going on).

It is hopefully a temporary hack that shouldn't be in that file.

Sometimes, temporary hacks in development stuff is unfortunately needed,
but I do hope that whoever introduced it has a plan to get it out.

I agree that finding ECM should just be finding ECM and not requiring a
Qt install.

It is though okay to have something bits in ECM that has a hard
dependency on Qt - maybe a ecm_do_extreme_magic_with_qt_resource_files
could be a theoretical thing that could be in ECM and require Qt to be
found to be useful for anything.

/Sune